Visa Requirements

     The requirements to get a work visa, also known as a Z visa, to legally teach English in China vary slightly from province to province. You should hold a college diploma authenticated by the Chinese Embassy or Consulate. The authentication process can be a bit confusing, however ITC will be there guiding you all the way.

     Most jobs in China require a local criminal background check from your home country or country of residence if you are living abroad for a year or more. If you’ve been living in China, you’ll have to get your credit checked from your home country regardless of how many years you have been living in the country. While the process of getting a criminal background, check differs for each country, generally, it takes a few weeks.

     Chinese schools are prohibited from hiring employees who are older than the standard Chinese retirement age, 55 for women and 60 for men.